Sunday, April 11, 2010

APRIL; New Beginnings

For a brief and happy period of time, the strings that struck a resonant chord in my soul were either nylon or steel wrapped.  However much I loved my attempts at making music (via my guitar), music is a demanding mistress (or mister in my case).  Playing guitar requires a devotion & concentration I seem to be lacking in my current state of being.  Now I turn my passion to strings of wool, cotton, bamboo, etc.  Yarn is so much more forgiving and doesn't demand constant attention to maintain one's ego.  I love the creative outlet that knitting & crochet (and my few attempts at wet and needle felting) bring.  By day I do my "clerk-y" duties and fill out the same forms over & over again, plugging banal data into the almighty computer.  By night I get to indulge myself in the soft tactile pleasures of yarn.  I collect patterns and yarn like a pack-rat.  It's a guilty pleasure!   I have branched out into making my own creations in crochet.  I love the beauty of knitted things, but crochet is like play-dough to me.  I can bend it to my creative whims.  I am no professional and I'm never sure how anything will turn out.  But it's just so darn fun, it doesn't matter if its not perfect.  Knitting & crochet are a good way to indulge my creativity, engage in new challenges, and an opportunity to learn to forgive myself for all my imperfections.  I have run into "knitting snobs" in some swanky yarn shops and have learned that many people guard their skills like it's privileged information.  So I'm here to share the good, the bad, the ugly and the funny.  My name is Debi, and I'm a yarn addict.  Hi everyone!  And welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment